We’re thrilled that this year’s Heritage Harvest Festival at Monticello will be our largest festival yet, with more programming than ever before and a truly astounding array of tastings, workshops, demonstrations, and fun, educational events for the whole family. We hope you’ll join us!
Programming included with general admission includes,
- Workshops with dozens of experts, including chef demonstrations, tours of the grounds, and vendor demonstrations.
- The Tasting Tent, with over 100 tomatoes, plus peppers, melons, and more!
- The Old Timey Seed Swap, 9–11:15 a.m. This year we’re honoring the everyday seeds savers who have kept so many varieties going for generations.
- Children’s activities, from the Master Gardener’s Roots and Shoots Tent, to historic fun with the Monticello Kids Program, to the Backyard Revolution’s Young Pioneers Area.
- The Backyard Revolution, expanded this year with fun for the whole family. Full schedule now online.
- The Young Farmers Zone, a new addition to the festival, designed to promote young farmers in our community.
While there’s plenty to do with a general admission ticket, there are also still tickets available for some premium workshops. We recommend considering:
- The Seed Underground: A Growing Revolution to Save Food with Janisse Ray, Friday, 12:45–1:45 p.m.
- Naturescape Your Yard with Karen Bussolini, Friday, 9–10 a.m.
- United Plant Savers: Promoting Stewardship of At-Risk Native Medicinal Herbs
with Susan Leopold, Saturday, 12:45–1:45 p.m.
- Seed Saving for the Home Gardener with Rodger Winn, Saturday, 2–3 p.m.
- The Cooking Gene with Michael Twitty, Saturday, 3:15–4:15 p.m.
- Great Gardens from Great Plant Collectors with Cheval Force Opp, Saturday, 3:15–4:15 p.m.